CISG-online was first developed and launched in spring 1995 by Professor Dr. Dres. h.c. Peter Schlechtriem, M.C.L. at the Albert-Ludwigs-University, Freiburg i. Br. (Germany). From 2002–2017, the website was run by Professor Dr. Ingeborg Schwenzer, LL.M., at the University of Basel (Switzerland). During this time, it formed part of the “Global Sales Law” Project.
Since February 2017, Professor Dr. Ulrich G. Schroeter at the University of Basel (Switzerland) has been running the website. It is currently being restructured and expanded.
Features of cisg-online.ch
- all relevant CISG case law, including links to translated versions of many cases,
- various materials including scholarly writings,
- the official Secretariat's Commentary to help you better understand the CISG,
- and CISG-related legal texts.
- For a link to the World's leading Commentary on the CISG, click here.
What distinguishes CISG-online from other CISG databases?
CISG-online.ch not only features all relevant CISG case law, but it also offers a unique multiple search mechanism. You may not only search cases by CISG-online and CLOUT number, date, jurisdiction, deciding court/arbitral tribunal, but also by seller’s and/or buyer’s country, the goods involved and most importantly, by the (key) provisions cited in the decision/award. This allows you to precisely define your search. Furthermore, you may search the 50 most recent cases, which allows you to stay up-to-date as regards the international developments in the area of the CISG.